Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

We Like Hats

Many years ago, when I was about 10 years old, I learned to knit.  Between then and now, I've only knit a couple of things, but when I got my first Blythe doll, and started seeing all the cute hats other people's dolls were wearing, I had a sudden strong urge to knit again!  Here are all the hats I've made so far (minus one which I sent to my partner in a swap):


Four of these hat are made from the free pattern at xoxo, Blythe (mine are made without the pom pom on top). It is a cute and fairly easy-to-make beanie; the trick is learning to handle five double-pointed knitting needles at once! It was so fun to make I made another, and another, and another!  Then I decided to try a new new pattern, and I settled on a beret (second from the left, above.)  That pattern is called the Ecoliere Beret by Maggie Baird on Ravelry.  This is the first one I've made, and it will NOT be the last; I like the look of this hat on my Blythes even better than the beanie.

Yesterday I thought I should add "something" to my hats, so each one now has a different embellishment.  I will let each girl show off her hat individually:

Claire, below, is wearing the very first hat I made.  The fingering-weight yarn is variegated, so it creates a nice pattern as you knit.  I added this cute little happy cloud patch that I made from wool felt, embroidery thread, and buttons.



Grace looks great in this beret!  This is also variegated fingering-weight yarn.  The decoration on this one is a fabric yo-yo with a button in the center.



This sparkly blue hat I perfect for Alice (a Simply Sparkly Spark Blythe).  I added a scattering of buttons, beads and a heart-shaped charm to make her hat special.



Bonnie's hat is made from the same yarn as Grace's.  I added a bow, made from a piece of sari silk, with a sparkly pink heart-shaped button in the center.



Last but not least, my newest girl, Candy, is wearing a hat very similar to Claire's; the embellishment is a coiled-fabric flower with wool felt leaves, and beads in the center.



Just one last group shot before we go!


2 comments:

  1. screaming!! 5 loud screams for 5 crazy cute hats. oh these blythes have a good mama. that red striped candy cane outfit---yeowwww, leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious, Leslie!! These are so adorable! I love the way you embellished them too. It gives them a little personality :). Your Blythes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete