Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Under the Tree


Christmas wouldn't have been Christmas without a new doll under the tree...and there was an old one too! In addition to the beautiful Cherry Beach Sunset (my first tanned Blythe), there was a sweet Kenner girl waiting for me! Cherry Beach says she doesn't mind waiting a few days to be de-boxed, so more about Jane!


Yes, I did know about her in advance; my husband and I both agreed that the best way to make this happen was for me to choose the doll. I found her in the Kenner group on Facebook.

I wanted her to LOOK like a gift on Christmas morning, so I made her a new dress with matching hair clip and shoulder bag; and because she is special, she got special panties with her name on them! I chose the classic name "Jane" for this classic doll. When I purchased her, she came with two vintage dresses, so those are in her box, along with two pretty dollies for her amusement--blonde, like Jane herself.




My daughter is an artist, so when she asked what I would like for Christmas, I requested some sort of a background for dolly photos. Here's Jane posing in front of the beautiful acrylic painting by my daughter Jenna.



I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

1 comment: