Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Bath Time



The late summer weather is so perfect that even Vera's least-favorite outdoor chore is a pleasure. (For Max, it's always a pleasure!)

This is my new Blythe doll, Vera Florentine. I love her bright makeup and bright outfit; I also love her curly hair, which required no special effort to make it look pretty (unlike Home Sweet Home, whose hair still needs some work after several washings.) I couldn't figure out why she has a pea pod on her hat, until I was enlighted by my Facebook friend, Angie Coppi. Here is her comment about this Pinocchio-theme doll: 

"In the original story of Pinocchio, the puppet is befriended by a wise pigeon, who teaches him to try eating something he has always hated: peas! And because he is hungry, Pinocchio eats them and love them. Another story with a moral for the children reading it."







No comments:

Post a Comment