Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

BlytheCon Brooklyn, Oct. 22 2017


To get to BlytheCon Brooklyn, my husband and I left early in the morning and drove to Washington DC (from Williamsburg Virginia), then took the train into NYC. Are we there yet?




When we first arrived at 26 Bridge Street in Brooklyn, the crowds were so thick around the 37 vendor tables that I couldn't see a thing! Later in the afternoon I went upstairs to a small balcony to take this picture. The vendors are all in the front half of the space (they also line the walls to the right and left of this picture...I couldn't get everything in). 






































Looking up, you can see that this is a wide-open building with lots of light coming in from above. Gidget was quick to make friends with the dolls next to us at our table.






These were my favorite vendor tables:

Zolala! from the Netherlands. I love the Blythe-size wagon and the two custom dolls giving a musical performance! I guess a lot of other people liked this display too, because it won Best Vendor Display.









































I Have Wings from Argentina. I adore the hand-drawn city scenery!



Hanon from Japan. Simple and elegant. (This picture was taken later in the day, when most of the items on the table had already been sold.)



Earth Angels Studios from the USA. There was so much to see in this display! Dolls, clothes, stuffed animals...it was a feast for the eyes!



Dolly Treasures from the UK. The dolls in her table display were posed so perfectly, with so many little details all around them, that they really looked alive.




Chu Things from Australia. The three girls standing on a patch of grass was simple but eye-catching; and of course the dresses are amazing!



In addition to the beautiful vendor tables, there were hundreds, if not thousands, of Blythe dolls to look at! Stock dolls are my favorite, but I gained a greater appreciation for custom dolls by walking around and looking closely at them all. My two favorite custom dolls are in the next two pictures.

First favorite: I love the girl on the right who looks like a broken china doll.



Second favorite: the duck-face girl in the middle. She is so unique!




I won two prizes in the raffle at the end of the day! In my next post I will show you what I won. What do you think is in this box that I am so happy about?






No comments:

Post a Comment