Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

Vera Needs...Something


I've been thinking about my Vera Florentine Blythe doll, and wondering why I don't love her as much now as when I first saw her. Her makeup is very strong--orange cheeks, peach lips, yellow eyelids--and her stock outfit (orange hat and blouse with blue overalls) really goes well with her makeup. But when I took off her orange hat, she seemed rather drab. I just realized that is because her hair color is too plain, and without her hat SHE looks too plain! In addition, her short hairstyle with the very short bangs, curly ends, and flat top, is desperately in need of SOMETHING...


So the solution is that Vera must always wear a hat! (Or possibly a huge bow or big, colorful hairband.) I'm so glad I realized this, because now I can love her again. Here she is in two different outfits with hats. So cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment