Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

So Similar yet So Different


I have three Blythe dolls that I thought looked very similar, so I took this side-by-side comparison shot of them--and now they all seem very different to me!

When I first got into the Blythe hobby, my grail girl was Veronica Lace (released in 2008.) She's the girl on the left in this picture. I was thrilled when I found her, used, in a Facebook doll group; she came with only her stock dress, but her price was so good that I didn't mind. It was her beautiful, multi-toned hair (a combination of brown and light purple) and pale complexion that drew me to her, and I love her old-fashioned clothing style.

Last year at Christmas the beautiful Gerda Eternity joined my dolly family (released in 2017.) She's the girl on the right. As soon as I saw her promo pictures I knew I would buy her...I loved her winter-themed outfit, and her hair and skin tone reminded me of my beloved Veronica Lace. It turns out that her hair is a single color, a soft, light brown, not the purpley-brown I thought it would be, but it is long, slightly wavy, and very beautiful.

Princess Milk BisQuit de Q-Pot is another doll I have dreamed of for quite some time, and she became mine just this month--she's in the center (released in 2009.) Like Veronica Lace, she has multi-toned hair (various shades of reddish-brown); that, combined with a darker complexion, and accessories in different tones of brown and cream, make me think of a piece of gourmet chocolate. I recently purchased her NRFB online at Mandarake in Japan, and I am in love with her!

So here they are, Veronica, Q-Pot, and Gerda. And the winner is...Q-Pot!


No comments:

Post a Comment