Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Little Princess


“I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren’t pretty, or smart, or young. They’re still princesses.” 

                                                                ― Frances Hodgson BurnettA Little Princess


When I add a quote to one of my photos, I usually choose something happy or upbeat. This time, I couldn't come up with anything "happy" that would suit this picture of May, my Melomelomew Middie (wearing her new gown that came from eBay), because she looks melancholy! So the bittersweet quote from "A Little Princess" seemed to fit.

I love the book "A Little Princess," and all of Frances Hodgson Burnett's writings, actually. Her stories are full of drama and trauma, but no matter how bad things get for the main characters, everything always works out well in the end. Predictable, yes; but satisfying on many levels. Things in real life rarely work out perfectly well so it's nice to be able to enjoy a fictional happy ending!









No comments:

Post a Comment