Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Faith



A person who prays is never alone. 


A dolly friend of mine, who loves her Catholic faith, asked me to make some cards and notebooks for her, using the picture, below, which first appeared in this blog several years ago. That picture was for the theme "Let it Be," based on the Beatles song. Since I'm Catholic too, I started thinking about other pictures I could make with a Catholic theme, and I came up with the one above. At first glance it is rather similar to the one below, but the new picture is brighter and has a more positive feel to it. It features a lovely statue of Mary which I received this past Christmas. (Just in case you are wondering--yes, she is actually standing there, not cut-and-pasted in; Mary is on a stand which is underneath the blue fabric that makes up the sky. I added polyester fiberfill around the base of the statue to make it look like she is floating on a cloud, and added some light effects around her in the Pic Monkey editing app.) That's Sadie Sprinkle wearing the Sunday's Very Best stock outfit, and holding my favorite rosary.



For this next photo, I gathered some of the religious objects I've collected over the years, and arranged them, along with Mandy Cotton Candy, for a Catholic flat lay photo. Looking at this makes me think that I need to make some doll dresses with religious motifs on the fabric!




No comments:

Post a Comment