Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Book Report


Oh, the unparalleled agony of trying to write a book report on a novel that she neither enjoyed nor understood. At least it was fun using the antique typewriter.

This doll is Raspberry Sorbet, posing for the theme "Bloomsday" in the Blythe a Day group on Flickr. I had never heard of Bloomsday before so I looked it up. It's an annual celebration of the life of James Joyce, on June 16th--the day his novel Ulysses (set in 1904) takes place. The protagonist is named Leopold Bloom, hence the name Bloomsday. I've never read Ulysses, but I found it for free on Amazon for Kindle, so I downloaded it and will try to find out what all the fuss is about, because I also found out that it is considered by many to be the greatest novel of the 20th century! The things I learn while photographing my dolls!



No comments:

Post a Comment