Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Side By Side

A dolly friend wondered how my new Good Smile Blythe, Blue Rabbit, compares to the 2019 Takara release, Picnic Al Fresco. Here they are, taking a break from selling pumpkins on their family farm. Blue Rabbit is on the right, all in blue. I am shocked that I never before noticed how similar they are (probably because Picnic was at the back of a doll shelf, still wearing the outfit I photographed her in 10 months ago…sorry dear!)

Both dolls have the same hair style and length. Picnic’s hair is a slightly reddish brown. Rabbit’s hair is much thicker (just as thick as the first two Good Smile releases.) I didn’t think of Picnic’s hair as being thin until this comparison. Picnic’s skin tone and makeup are both a bit lighter than Rabbit’s, even though both are described as “fair” and “pink”. Both are lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment