Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

A Bag With a Tag

This is a story about a purse. Snowflake Sonata and Prima Dolly Peony are today’s models, for the theme “Tag” in the Blythe a Day group on Flickr.

About a year ago, I was shopping at my local antique mall. I stopped in surprise when I saw this purse hanging in one of the booths…because I MADE THIS BAG! About 12 years ago, before I got into Blythe, I was busily sewing these purses in a variety of fabrics, with different trims, and selling them at craft shows. This one was still carrying the tag I put on it. My guess is that someone bought it as a gift, and the recipient never used it; how it ended up in the antique mall is a mystery. I felt sorry for it, so I bought it! The price was the same as what I sold it for originally, $18. I haven’t used it yet, but I will. I still have a lot of these bags, even though I’m not making them any more, and I carry one every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment