Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Aurella

Introducing…Aurella Amphitrite, the 2023 Anniversary Blythe doll! 

She has an ocean/jellyfish theme (Amphitrite was the goddess of the sea, in Ancient Greek mythology), which is carried out in the color scheme and water patterns on her dresses, as well as her “pearl” pull ring, choker, and earrings and details on the dress. Every piece of her stock is lovely, including the underwear! Her hair is a very soft shade of lavender; I hope it won’t fade, but time will tell. I had a surprise when I took her out of the box: she has the worst hair of any of the Good Smile releases! It felt stiff and sticky, but I had no doubt my usual spa would make it perfect. Well, the first time after I washed, hot water dunked, and dried it, there was little to no improvement. So I tried again, just washing it the second time. When her hair dried, I still couldn’t get a brush through it, so I decided to try some leave-in wig conditioner spray, and like magic, her hair became soft and brushable! I have several different sprays on hand; this is the one I used https://www.amazon.com/Awesome-Synthetic-Leave-Conditioning-Spray/dp/B00HASV13A/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=33XML11MLU2TE&keywords=Wig%2Bspray&qid=1694265278&sprefix=wig%2Bspray%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

I will be taking more photos to show off her pastel beauty soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment