Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2016

TWO Allegra Champagnes???


Take a look at this picture. This is me, with not one, but TWO of the just-released 15th Anniversary Blythe dolls, Allegra Champagne. How on earth did I end up with two?

It all started about two months ago, when I entered the lottery to have a chance to buy her from Junie Moon. I did it just for fun, because although she looked pretty, with her high price tag and "normal" colored hair, I didn't think she was for me. When I found out I had won the lottery, I had mixed feelings--I still didn't think she was for me, but so many people want her, maybe I should get her? I thought maybe I could keep her in her box, and later sell or trade her for a doll that I really wanted. Then, about two weeks ago, I saw a new picture of her on Facebook, posted by CC Toys. She looked so gorgeous in that photo! That's all it took for me to decide that I needed her in my life, so I quickly paid the invoice I had been ignoring in my email from Junie Moon. She arrived a few days ago. Today I decided it was time to open her, because she is just too lovely to leave in her box. So, while I was working my way through all the tape and plastic and twist ties, the doorbell rang. It was the mailman. He had a box I needed to sign for. It looked suspiciously like a Blythe box, but I knew I wasn't expecting anything. I opened it up, and sure enough, it's Allegra #2. I checked my credit card, and I've only been charged for one, so I guess someone just made a mistake. I have sent them an email, and I'm hoping they will say "Just keep her!" That's bound to happen, right???

Okay, so that's not going to happen. At my daughter's suggestion, she took this picture of me as photographic proof that just for a little while, I did indeed have two Allegra Champagnes.



No comments:

Post a Comment