Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

The Happiest Place on Earth


We each have our own happy place. Here's mine: my dolly space. When we first moved into this house, before I knew about Blythe, this was the dining room. During the past five years, since I've been collecting Blythe, it has gradually morphed into my doll photography space. You can see that Precocious Candy's Mushroom is still set up, on the far left, from yesterday's photo shoot--that spot is where I take most of my indoor doll pictures (with the help of two photographer's lights, with big white umbrellas, that I moved out of the way for this picture). My computer is on the other side of the room, so it's easy to take pictures and immediately look at them on the computer...often I see some little detail that needs to be changed (stray hairs, pull string showing, etc.), so I can retake the picture right away and then edit to produce the final product.

All my stock Neos are in this shot (54!), plus most of my Middies. Many of these girls will go back into the glass Ikea cabinet in my sewing room tomorrow to give me a little more space to work in here.








After taking the photos above, editing them and setting up this post, I heard some tiny voices chanting "We demand a recount!" I had forgotten to include two boxed girls,  Middie Bubbly Bliss, and Neo Dauphine Dream. Then I noticed poor Petit Dejeuner sitting alone on a shelf...I had overlooked her for the group photos! I hope she can forgive me. And then today, the mailman brought Home Sweet Home to my house, yippee!! Clearly, I needed to take one more photo to round up all the stragglers, including one more Middie (Puchippu Chappu Pepa) and my two Petites (Ivanka and Connie Corneille). Total Neos: 57. Total Middies: 8. Total Petites: 2. But those numbers could go up at any moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment