Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Quotable Quote


Who was John Wooden (October 14, 1910 – June 4, 2010), and what does he have to do with Blythe dolls? 

The answer is: he was an American basketball player and head coach at the University of California, Los Angeles. Wooden was renowned for his short, simple inspirational messages to his players. These often were directed at how to be a success in life as well as in basketball. He has NOTHING to do with Blythe dolls!

This picture is for the theme "Wooden" in the Blythe a Day group on Flickr. Even though my house is full of many wooden objects, I couldn't think of a satisfying way to use any of them in a doll picture. When I Googled the word "wooden," the first thing that appeared was a list of quotes from John Wooden--and I always love a good quote! This doll is Jane, my Kenner Blythe.




No comments:

Post a Comment