Pages

Friday, March 11, 2022

Song of London Mary

Why be ordinary, when you can be extraordinary? BE EXTRA!

This is my newly arrived Song of London Mary. This Blythe has got some hair! So much hair! So much more hair than any of my other 90 Blythes! Enough hair for two dolls! It wasn’t greasy out of the box, but it was smashed together and rather unbrushable, so I washed it with Dawn Ultra Platinum. After it dried I could brush it, but it was a bit too fluffy, so I calmed it down with doll wig spray. As you can see, it still has a ton of volume.

Since this is the first Blythe made by the manufacturer Good Smile Company, I wondered if she would be different from the Takara Blythes. Yes, she is different, in several small ways. I compared her to Minty Magic for the following comments. Her nose is possibly slightly smaller…but her profile is exactly the same. Her eyes seem to be set back a bit more, making her eye holes appear larger. Her bottom lip is fuller. Her fingers have a bit more curve to them. And that’s it! Those are the only things I noticed, aside from the writing on the back of her head and body that indicates the new manufacturer.

I am happy to say that, even with these changes, I love her! She is a gorgeous addition to my collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment