Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Fool's Gold



Give fools their gold and knaves their power; 
let fortune's bubbles rise and fall; 
who sows a field or trains a flower, 
or plants a tree, is more than all.

                          --from "A Song of Harvest" by John Greenleaf Whittier



Since I didn't have any great ideas on how to develop the theme of "Fool's Gold" (in the Blythe a Day group on Flickr), I did what I could with it, with this quote by John Greenleaf Whittier and a couple of props. Then I focused on this as a chance to do a comparison picture between Blythe Adores Anna Sui and Lady Camellia. Their hair is very similar in color; Anna's is a bit more purple, while Camellia's is a little more brown. The biggest difference between them is their makeup; Anna has a lot of color, while Camellia has much less. It's funny that when they are side-by-side, I like the more natural look of Lady Camellia, but in real life, I prefer Anna Sui. In fact, Anna (whom I call Zelda) is my favorite Blythe doll. Which do you prefer?

Anna's dress is by Endangered Sissy; Camellia's is the stock dress from Spright Beauty. I've never used this stock dress since I took it off SB...I think the fairy wings on the back made me think it could only be a fairy dress, but I just realized that the wings detach, and without them it looks like a perfectly nice dress for any doll. 



No comments:

Post a Comment