Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Start Now


I've been reading a lot lately...well, actually, I always read a lot!  I read 3-4 books a week, when I can find things to interest me, and recently I stumbled upon the Facebook Book Club (which is really just a group, not actually a club)--we talk about what we are reading and if we like it or not, rather than discussing particular books in depth--and this has been a wonderful new way for me to find books to read. The library has been closed for the past two months, but I can still check out my books digitally. I just finished one I will recommend: The Dog Stars by Peter Heller. The story is set in a post-pandemic world (timely, right?) in which most humans have died. Although there was violence and killing, it wasn't overwhelming. The characters and their stories were so good that I could overlook some gore!

This pretty Blythe doll is Veronica Lace. Her message echos something one of the characters in the book realized, after her former life was destroyed: you have to live happily now, as best you can, because tomorrow isn't guaranteed.



No comments:

Post a Comment