Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Interview with a Cat Lover


 "A true ailurophile is born, not made," says Ellie Blythe, in her interview for next month's Cat Fancy magazine. "A love of cats comes from the heart, and the accompanying lifestyle is born of the necessity to express ones' innermost being." You can read the rest of the interview in the September issue, available in stores now.

Blythe doll collecting is educational! I had never heard the word "ailurophile" until the announcement of the upcoming Blythe doll, Ailurophile Style. I am so pleased to learn that there is a word for my love of cats.

This Blythe doll is Ichigo Heaven, posing for the theme "Lover Doll" in the Blythe a Day group on Flickr. I made her dress and the felt cat she is holding, and I drew the pictures on the wall. The white cat and brown cat came out of "Amy's Favorite Cat" blind boxes. The pink and white cat came from a toy store; I don't know what brand it is. 






No comments:

Post a Comment