Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Williams(burg) Doll


I love taking pictures of my dolls, but sometimes I'm short of ideas; that's why I like the Blythe a Day groups on Flickr, because every day there is a photo prompt. This month, all the prompts are song titles with the word "doll" in them, and I've found them quite challenging. In fact, I didn't think I would participate because I wasn't coming up with many ideas when I first read the list. About a week into the month I decided to make an effort, and I have surprised myself by coming up with a lot of appropriate pictures. Today's picture is another example of me surprising myself: the theme is "William's Doll" (I've never heard of that song) and initially I planned to skip it, asking myself "Who could come up with anything for that???" I guess my subconscious was at work, because I a few days later, it occurred it me that I live in WILLIAMSburg, Virginia, and I happen to have this wooden sign with the city and state stenciled on it. So, I actually managed to come up with this picture for the theme William's Doll! 




This Blythe doll is Bow Wow Trad, and she is wearing an outfit I made as a thank you gift for a friend who sent me a lovely package of holy cards, photos, a medal, and an embroidered hanky from her recent pilgrimage to holy sites in France (thank you, Stephanie! The package is in the mail!) The picture below shows it a bit better.



No comments:

Post a Comment