Pages

Monday, January 22, 2018

Painting En Plein Air


The weather has warmed up, making this a perfect day for some plein air painting. Marina grabbed her art supplies and headed to the nearby lake, where she was pleased to find a swan swimming near the shore, practically begging to be painted. 




This Blythe doll is Playful Raindrops.

Isn't this swan painting charming? It was my Christmas present from my artist daughter. I asked her for a doll-sized painting of an animal inside a frame, and I was so excited when I saw this--the colors are perfect, and the swan is gorgeous. It makes me want to make a little doll room with a swan theme, with this as the focal point. (She also painted the background in this photo...it's a large canvas that was a Christmas gift two years ago.)

This will be my last post for a couple of weeks, because I'm going out of town to spend some time with my mother. See you later!




No comments:

Post a Comment